In 2009, with financial assistance from the City of Camarillo, the Camarillo Ranch Foundation completed the renovation of the historic 1905 Mule Barn at the Camarillo Ranch. The large Mule Barn was originally located east of the Camarillo Ranch House, facing west, and was accessed by a service road which extended on a north/south axes from Mission Oaks Blvd. It was relocated in 1999 in one piece and moved a quarter of a mile form Calleguas Creek to the present location. The move took two weeks to complete. The renovation included construction of a new roof, a concrete floor slab, a catering kitchen, restroom facilities, a storage area, paint, fire sprinklers and alarm, plus a state-of-the-art audio visual system and projector screen, as well as LCD projector and monitors. With the addition of the barn, the Camarillo Ranch has become a year round venue for weddings and special events.
Interested in learning more about the history of the Mule Barn? Click here to view a map and photos of the Mule Barn in its original location.